Sunday, February 4, 2018

VIDEO SUNDAY HAT SQUAD - REMEMBERING PETER BUTTERWORTH ON HIS 99th


Currently I'm writing up a blog post for the Classic TV Blog Association's blogathon celebrating Classic TV vilains.  My topic as those who know me might have suspected, comes from 'Doctor Who'.  (Yeah, I know who my favorite TV character is, but he was taken.  LOL)  I'm writing about the Monk, a Gallifreyan Time Lord who delighted in interfering with the established order of Earth's history, more out of mischief and boredom than for any evil ends.

The Monk was played by Peter Butterworth, known for the "Carry On" films.  And during my research I discovered that today marks the 99th anniversary of his birth!  Since this is also Video Sunday, I thought I might celebrate the occasion with several YouTube videos in which he is featured.






Next year for his centenary, I have special plans afoot.....


No comments: