Saturday, April 12, 2014

THE HAT SQUAD: THE LEGACY OF BOB LARBEY


Bob Larbey just passed away.  He is best known for creating 'The Good Life' (known over in the States as 'Good Neighbors') plus 'A Fine Romance', 'Ever Decreasing Circles', and his last big hit, 'As Time Goes By'.

I would have tipped my hat to him anyway, I'm sure, considering he was responsible for introducing me to the talents of Felicity Kendal.  But I found this video in the many online tributes and it brings up an important point for Toobworld.....



It's policy for Toobworld Central to accept the fates of various TV shows and their characters after cancellation, if those fates are detailed by the shows creators.  The leading example of this is what Larry Cohen had in mind for the splainin about Frank Converse' character in 'Coronet Blue'.  I'm sure I could have come up with something more pleasing to me, but that's fanfic and the creator's voice should be heeded.

'Mulberry' should have been given the chance to produce a one-off to allow the ending outlined by Mr. Larbey to become a fact of Life... and Death... in Toobworld.

Good night and may God bless, Mr. Larbey......

No comments: