Sunday, July 7, 2013

TOOBMUSIC - "HOLIDAY ROAD"


Looks like I still have to pay even more bills.....


I don't know how I missed seeing that blipvert last year.  (This video was posted on YouTube in 2012.)  But I've seen it now, thanks to heavy airplay in 'Warehouse 13' and other genre shows, and now it's wiggled its way into my brain.

The song comes from the movie "National Lampoon's Vacation", as heard in full during this very entertaining opening sequence for the credits:


But Lindsay Buckingham, who wrote and sang "Holiday Road", decided to go with a different theme for his music video:


I'm assuming the looming approach of the year 1984 put a lot of people into a George Orwell frame of mind.  Which makes me think that perhaps this music video shares the Borderlands with the movie "Brazil".  And with Buckingham's vision of that dystopian future, he and his co-workers may have been visited by Mr. Sweet the musical demon......

(Until I went looking for the video, my brain had assumed "Holiday Road" was written by, if not also performed by, Kenny Loggins.  Based on the comments in one of these videos, it looks like I'm not the only one.  I guess there's something about it that is reminiscent of Loggins' theme song for "Caddyshack".)

At any rate, "Holiday Road" is an infectious song and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has found themselves "O'Bsessed" with it.....


By the way, my whole point in writing this post was the hope that I could inflict the song into your brains and release me from its unrelenting presence in my noggin....

BCnU!

1 comment:

Robert E. "Robyn" Wronski, Jr. said...

Connor and I watched all the Vacation movies this weekend (on VH1, where all the really adult stuff was edited out, even the drug references.) So now that song is stuck in both our heads.