Tuesday, November 1, 2011

MORE "DVD SHOW" GOODNESS

On October 3rd, Ivan Shreve of "Thrilling Days Of Yesteryear" hosted a blogathon in celebration of the 50th anniversary of 'The Dick Van Dyke Show'. I did my part, and probably overdid that, by posting every hour - with about 29 posts published by the time I was done.

And even then, I still had so many ideas for other posts of a Toobworld nature about the show.

So I decided that an event of such magnitude ("Pop Pop!") - after all, 'The Dick Van Dyke Show' is the platinum standard by which all other TV sitcoms must be judged - should not be limited to just one day, or even a week. Therefore, I'm going to be coming back to the topic on the first day of the month throughout the year until the 51st anniversary comes around.

To kick things off, there will be a post today about a woman who was spoken of many times in the series, but only appeared once - Mrs. Glimsher, mother of Sally's boyfriend Herman. But first up, here's a quick trivia question:

'The Dick Van Dyke Show' has two somewhat tenuous connections to Andy Warhol. One was "outside the box" - one of those six degrees of separation situations on the production side. The other was within the "reality" of the show - one of Andy Warhol's works of art actually appeared in an episode.  (I'm thinking Team Toobworld will figure out the answer to the first one easily enough.....)

Can you tell me what these two connections were?

I'm going to let that trivia question just hang out there in the Ethernet for the year until an answer comes up. Hopefully I'll remember to answer it myself (if nobody else does first) when October 3, 2012 rolls around.....

BCnU!

No comments: