Saturday, January 29, 2011

"OFFICE"/"OFFICE" O'BSERVATIONS

We had to wait seven seasons for it, but it was well worth the wait - Michael Scott, the main character of the American version of 'The Office' met David Brent of the original British version:





As Emperor Palpatine said, everything proceeded exactly as I had foreseen it. I knew they would literally bump into each other - but I thought it might have been at a paper convention or something of the like. I also knew it would be short and sweet, because anything longer would have eventually felt labored. Never planned on it happening during the opening tease, but that also made sense - keep it apart from the main stories.

And yet even so, I was left wanting more. In the end, I guess that means it was successful.

The length of the scene ultimately didn't matter, because it still held massive ramifications for Toobworld and justifies having both series in the same dimension. As such, I think we have already locked in the winner for Best Crossover of the Year in the 2011 Toobits Awards!

BCnU!

No comments: