Tuesday, January 12, 2010

THE 2009 TOOBITS AWARDS (PART THREE)

Here's our third installment of the annual Toobits Awards presentation.......

BEST VOICE-OVER
Adam West for the Lending Tree - nobody can say "diabolical" quite like him!



BEST LINE
"I'm the ass kicking clown who will twist you like a balloon animal. I will beat your head against this bumper until the airbags deploy, so apologize to my boyfriend right now!" - Cameron Tucker as "Fizbo", 'Modern Family'



RUNNERS-UP:
"Go shit in the ocean." - Mrs. Zinberg, 'Nurse Jackie

(It sounds much better in Yiddish.)

"Abra Kev Dorfman, you son of a bitch!" - Natalie Teeger, 'Monk'

"I like being weird. Weird is all I got. That and my sweet style." - Moss, 'The IT Crowd'

"I believe you. I don't understand you, but I believe you." - Carmen Reyes, 'Lost'

"I know it's our Christ-given duty to help family, but can't we just kill him?" - Cassie Powers, 'Eastbound & Down'

"I'm going to try to butter that muffin." - Cole Barker, 'Chuck'

BEST SPEECH/MONOLOGUE "I am brave. Rollercoasters? Love 'em. Scary movies? I've seen 'Ghostbusters', like, seven times. I regularly drive through neighborhoods that have only recently been gentrified. So, yeah, I'm pretty much not afraid of anything. Except clowns. Never shared that with the fam' so sssh, I have an image to maintain. I am not really sure where the fear comes from; my mother says it's because when I was a kid I found a dead clown in the woods, but...who knows?" - Phil Dunphy, 'Modern Family'

BEST DIALOGUE EXCHANGE
Colby: Can I ask you something?
David:
Sure.
Colby: Do I seem like a Roast Beef kinda guy to you?
David: I won't discuss another man's meat.
('Numb3rs')


Two years running for meat/sex allusions. What could that mean.....?

BEST NEW THEME SONG
'Murdoch's Mysteries'



There's something about the bridge that makes me think of the theme music for 'Six Feet Under'......

BEST MUSICAL MOMENT
The 'Doogie Howser' theme, an SNL Digital Short (1/12/09)



Now, you may have noticed that some of those are from earlier years, but they were new to me in 2009........


We're far from done with our salute to great Toobworld moments in 2009, so stick around!

BCnU!

No comments: