Monday, December 14, 2009

BREUER'S SCOOP

This is actually old news, but I couldn't resist the play on "Brewer's Droop".....

Jim Breuer, who was a cast member of 'Saturday Night Live' from 1995-1998, is working with NBC again. This time he's developing a sitcom to be loosely based on his own life. Breuer would star as a man who is a stay-at-home dad raising three daughters while taking care of his parents at the same time.

Here's what he had to say about this chapter in his life (which he also covered in the comedy special "Let's Clear The Air" and in the documentary "More Than This"):

"About seven or eight years ago I decided to walk away from everything and stay home to watch my kids grow. I also began looking after my parents, who were deep into their 80s. That led to a lot of humor. Yes, I'm the guy from 'Half Baked' and 'Goat Boy' from 'Saturday Night Live.' But I'm grown up just like you guys."


The documentary project has been celebrated by several groups which deal with elder care. Jim Breuer is also writing a memoir of his membership in the "sandwich generation", in which he's the fulcrum taking care of both sides of the family tree.

BCnU!

No comments: