Tuesday, September 22, 2009

AND NOW A WORD FROM.....

Okay, so here's the deal....

Inner Toob is not going on hiatus. But as you'll see for the next few weeks, we'll only be publishing the daily "As Seen On TV" showcase. We've done this a few times in the past year, but that was because we went on vacation. This time, it's because we're once again going to wade into the manuscript morass known as the Toobworld novel.

The biggest problem with the story was that it was left open-ended, with the idea that maybe I'd write a follow-up. (Being about Toobworld, it would be either a sequel or a spin-off.) High-falutin' delusions had me thinking even in terms of a trilogy a la Tolkien.

But now I just want to complete the story of Thom and Toob Cooper in the TV Universe and be done with it. And that means I have to create a whole new ending and find a way to incorporate certain elements which I wanted to use later. (This includes the theme to a serial killer's work and a kitchen battle with animated objects.)


After that, I would focus more on a "factual" work about the way the TV Universe works, with "splainins" as to why certain things happened in the TV world and not in the real world.

I've wanted to do this for months, but I kept getting tangled up in the blog. I'd get online, look for news stories, pictures, videos, whatever I could use for posting; and the next thing I know, it's time to go back to bed before work! Add in all the TV shows I need to watch to keep up to date with Toobworld pozz'bilities - not to mention in order to keep my DVR queue back-up low! - and there's just not enough time in the world (no matter which dimension we're talking about!)

So have no fear that the output will be down to the bare minimum. Hey, with 4300 posts in five years, I think I've provided more output than a lot of blogs out there!

But I will still be keeping notes about the various TV shows that are premiering and returning this new season. And eventually those stories and flights of fancy will find their way into Inner Toob - no way that's ever going to head into the Big Hiatus. They may not be timely, but they'll still be prime-timely.

Oh! And I will be still doing the weekly inductions into the TV Crossover Hall of Fame; can't let that slide!

Wish me luck; I REALLY want to get the novel into shape, one which can be submitted for somebody's approval.....

BCnU!

PS:
I figured I should make this type of public announcement so that I'd have to commit myself. And yes, I know I should be committed.....

No comments: