Tuesday, April 21, 2009

THE DOCTOR vs THE CAPED CRUSADER

Now that his stint on 'Doctor Who' is winding down, David Tennant has expressed a desire to join a different franchise - the man who played the Eleventh Doctor would like to play The Riddler in a "Batman" movie.

I'm sure he'd do a great job in the role, bring his own quirks to such an iconic figure in the Caped Crusader's gallery of rogues. But I'd rather see him take on a lesser-known villain who had only the one misadventure in the old 1960's show:
The Bookworm!
A villain who centered his crimes around books as the theme.

Wishful thinking on my part, but I always thought there was potential in the character. I think had there been less camp - and by that point in the show's history, it was too late for that! - and if McDowall had been available, the Bookworm could have been as serious a threat to Gotham City as the Big Four: the Riddler, the Joker, Catwoman, and the Penguin.

But this will prove to be just wishful thinking on my part.....

BCnU!
Toby O'B

2 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

Great idea! I wish...

Toby O'B said...

Thanks, Paul!