Sunday, April 26, 2009

BAD DREAMS ABOUT "17 AGAIN"

When production of 'Fringe' moves from New York City to Vancouver for next season, Toobworld willl be gaining new location shots to represent areas around Boston. Since it was never actually Boston to begin with, there won't be much lost by way of authenticity.

But should they need to do any NYC rooftop scenes again, as they did this past week in "Bad Dreams", they won't be able to simulate that particular skyline without heavy use of CGI and back-screen.

It was an authentic vista only marred by product placement.

As Nick and his emotional virus victims were lined up on the roof down in the Union Square area, a poster could be seen for the new movie "17 Again". It stars Zac Efron (who was pictured) and Matthew Perry as his older self. (Can't see any similarity between them, m'self.)

Because of the gripping nature of those final moments of the episode, I don't think such product placement was very intrusive. However, I think it may also have had an unintended side effect......

To me, I think it may be subliminally saying "This movie is so bad, I want to kill myself".....

Just sayin', is all.....

BCnU!
Toby O'B


(I'm also getting the vibe that the utility worker is taking a leak on the poster....)

1 comment:

Terence Towles Canote said...

I think there are some critics who may have agreed with that sentiment...