Friday, March 13, 2009

ADDENDUM: BELATED BIG BRITISH BLIPVERT BRAINSTORM BRAVOS

I posted that previous story without giving full and proper credit to my blogmate across the water, Rob Buckley of "The Medium Is Not Enough" (link to the left). I pestered him several times over yesterday morning (using that old 'Columbo' mind-trick of "Just one more thing....") for help in identifying many of the characters in that Red Nose Day sketch about the advertising icons. I knew Monkey, and the Meerkat and the Martian - I guess I had an affinity for the M's - but I was really stuck on the 118 118 guys, the Admiral, and that disturbing Pepperami Meat-stick. (According to Rob, Adrian Edmondson - Vyvyan of 'The Young Ones' - provides its voice, and that so works for me!)

Ddiolch 'ch, Rob!

And my thanks also to Andrew, another Toobworld visitor I neglected to mention, who made sure that I knew that the sketch could be found online (since I won't be able to see it on the television over here).

Sorry I forgot to thank you guys earlier. Sometimes I really do need an editor to check my posts before I load them!

But then again, it gave me the chance to play with alliteration!

BCnU!
Toby O'B

1 comment:

Rob Buckley said...

No probs - glad to be of service. BTW, I spelt Peperami wrong, it turns out! Oops.