Saturday, September 27, 2008

TODAY'S TWD: THORNE IN MY ASIDE

By the 19th of September, I had figured out the basics of Eva Thorne's secret this season on 'Eureka'. If I had guessed Eva's theory of relateeveety to that 1938 project, I would have been wrong, however. I would have gone with the foremost traditional connection, just as "the other sandy" did.

Here's how it began in the Live Journal blog "Dr. Terror's House Of Pancakes" after the episode "Here Come The Suns" aired:

I knew Eva was interested in all the old records pertaining to whatever was going on in Eureka before the town was founded. She'd been gathering old records and watching archival footage, so it didn't surprise me at all that she snatched the old photos from Café Diem. However, with all the layoffs and shutdowns going on since she arrived, it totally blew past me that she'd want the town museum shut down just so she could have exclusive access to those records. Why do I think that one of the three bodies found in the old facility was a relative of Eva's? Unless there's another weird time thing going on, she isn't old enough for it to be a husband. Father, maybe? Guess we'll find out next week.


Comments

tele_toby wrote:
Sep. 19th, 2008 01:47 am (UTC)

Eva Thorne
Actually, I was thinking that Eva Thorne could be old enough to have been around since the 1930s project. Who knows what kind of techno-babble could have kept her so well-preserved to this point in time?

the_other_sandy wrote:
Sep. 19th, 2008 03:12 am (UTC)
Re: Eva Thorne

I kind of thought that at first too, but the 1939 experiment was 69 years ago. Eva's no spring chicken, but even if she were well into her seventies, she still would've been elementary school age back then. Of course, that's assuming that time is behaving itself. Henry still hasn't figured out what happened to the scientists whose bodies were recovered from the facility.

I'm GOOD!

Ow. I just sprained my arm patting myself on the back...

BCnU!
Toby O'B

No comments: