Monday, January 14, 2008

MR. MONK GOES TO THE MOVIES?

IESB asked Tony Shaloub if he’d ever like to see his character of Adrian Monk on the big screen to which he responded:

“It’s so funny you ask that because it’s something we talk about all the time. We would love to do that. The writers and the producers have kicked this idea around over the last, probably, three or four years. I’m hopeful that it would happen.

"There’s this two-parter… coming up at the end of the new run of shows. I think we’ve kind of proven that we can pull it off.. This particular episode is really cinematic. It’s got all the elements that the audience has come to appreciate about Monk. It just feels like a feature.


"So the answer is that I really hope so.”

Don't get me wrong. I love the show. But I just don't see it happening. The movie business is just so wrong for this type of movie in this day and age. 'Star Wars' ruined everything as to what type of movies get made - they can still be small stories, but something about it better be BIG (i.e., the cast)......

Not that I'm any kind of expert, but that's how I see it. And if it does happen, it will probably be acceptable as part of Toobworld.....

Of course, within Toobworld, it's already been done. Adrian Monk's life was adapted for the big screen in the episode "Mr. Monk And The Actor"......

BCnU!
Toby OB

1 comment:

Terence Towles Canote said...

I have to agree. I think that at least for the time being mysteries are unfashionable on the big screen. The days when you could see Poirot on the big screen are long past. As much as I'd like to see a Monk movie, I don't see it happening.