Monday, October 8, 2007

LATE MODEL CHEVY

Saturday I returned from vacation but didn't have to return to work until Sunday night. So I figured I'd get in a short nap and then do something I rarely get to do on a Saturday night - watch 'Saturday Night Live' LIVE!

I fell asleep at 9 pm. I woke up at 4 am.

Even my bladder betrayed me. Usually it forces me to get up after just a couple of hours.

I know... TMI.

So anyways, I missed the return of Chevy Chase to the "Weekend News Update" desk. But I did get to see a few moments of it, thanks to the AOL TV alerts.

From what I've read at Roger Catlin's and Alan Sepinwall's blogs, "TV Eye" & "What's Alan Watching" respectively (links to the left), Chevy was a little rusty, a bit disoriented, and some jokes fell flat. But the nostalgic value of his appearance went a long way in maintaining the goodwill of the audience.

I've checked YouTube and NBC.com, but so far there's nothing up yet of his appearance. However, it shouldn't be too long before it's up at NBC.com.

Best of all from what I saw in the excerpt, he gave a great new twist to his most famous line:

"I'm still and you're still not."

BCnU!
Toby OB

No comments: