Friday, October 26, 2007

BITCHIN' ABOUT PITCHIN'

Here's what I just wrote to Richard Sandomir of the New York Times:

How come FOX isn't showing the ceremonial first pitch before the games? I suppose it's possible I wasn't paying attention and thus missed it; but when the first night had Yaz and about ten others from the 1967 Dream Team of Boston on the mound, and the second night had the heart-warming image of a very young Boston fan who just had a heart transplant a month ago, I would think that took far longer than a blink and you'll miss it moment.

FOX was probably too busy touting the Tacos.

I've always loved the ceremonial first pitch in the Series, and it's something that the network should be covering. It's not going to take that much time away from their yada-yada and shilling (not Schilling).

Toby O'B

No comments: