Thursday, October 4, 2007

3:10 TO YOUTUBE

I've mentioned in the past that I've got a kind of serendipiteevee, a knack for tuning into something on TV just in time for me to find something of value in my televisiology research.

When I was on vacation this past summer, I caught an episode of 'Bat Masterson' which featured a character named Soda Smith. It was apparent from the episode that Bat knew Soda Smith from an earlier encounter.

I'm back this week at the same place where I can get the Western Channel, and wouldn't you know it? They showed that earlier episode which featured Soda Smith.

They're also showing "3:10 To Yuma", a week after I saw the remake with Russell Crowe and Christian Bale. For over thirty years, I've been meaning to see the film since my screenwriting teacher at UConn produced the original movie, David Heilweil. And this happens to be the day they're showing it!

Serendipiteevee!

BCnU!
Toby OB

ADDENDUM:

Here are the episodes of 'Bat Masterson' in which Soda Smith appeared:

Hank Patterson (Soda Smith)
. . . "Bat Masterson" (1958) {Deadly Diamonds (#2.18)}
Hank Patterson (Soda Smith)
. . . "Bat Masterson" (1958) {Tempest at Tioga Pass (#3.14)}

No comments: