Thursday, August 30, 2007

"KIDNAPPED" ADVISORY

Well, I've finally had the chance to catch the last nine or so episodes of 'Kidnapped' which was too soon ripped from the airwaves on NBC last season. I was a fan of the show; it had a real cinematic quality to it. But I could see how it wasn't going to be allowed the time to find its audience. I'm hoping it will eventually. I would have gladly come back for another season to see Jeremy Sisto, Delroy Lindo, and Carmen Ejogo team up to work another season-long case.

I especially would have enjoyed seeing Ms. Ejogo return as Turner, who was following in the footsteps of some real sharp dames like Thelma Ritter. I've always enjoyed that tough as nails female sidekick character, but nothing says she can't be easy on the eyes as well.

If you haven't seen the series yet, do so. It's been available on disk for a while, but I don't know if it's still accessible on the web from the NBC parent site. But if you do watch in on DVD (as I did via Netflix), take my advice: Do NOT watch the extra feature "Ransom Notes" on the second disk until after you've seen the whole series. Stupid documentary gave away the whole ending! If you feel the need to blow the twist, at least save the feature for the final disk in the series!

Another stupid move by some network suit. May they be nibbled to death by ducks!

BCnU!
Toby OB

No comments: