Tuesday, October 17, 2006

"HEROES": A TOOBWORLD PREDICTION

DR. CHANDRA SURESH IS STILL ALIVE!

That's my belief, anyway. And I think I'll be proven correct in time.

When we first saw the picture of Dr. Chandra Suresh on the back cover of his book, I was pleasantly surprised - it was a photo of actor Eric Avari, who has been seen in 'Stargate SG-1', 'The West Wing', the movie "Independence Day", among many other credits.

I'm not wrong on that. I've met Avari. Back when he was still going by the name of Nari Avari, he came to my apartment once to help celebrate my birthday. He was with Maggi Walker, a friend of mine from college and I believe they eventually got married. (For all I know, they are still together.)

But with this week's episode, we saw the back cover photo again and it was a totally different actor. This fellow had a beard and was wearing the kind of head-wrap one sees with the Sikhs.

When I first saw that picture of Eric Avari, I figured they used him because eventually he would be appearing in flashbacks. To have replaced him like that so quickly, it probably became apparent that they might need him far longer than Avari could commit to.

But during the episode, the ashes of Dr. Suresh were delivered to his son, Dr. Mohinder Suresh, who mentioned that he was shown the bodies of several John Does instead of that of his father.

This kicks in one of the Toobworld rules which comes up all the time in soap operas:

If there is no body, the supposed victim is probably not dead.

Therefore, it's my belief that at some point in the future on 'Heroes', Dr. Chandra Suresh will return to the show.... alive.

I have no inside information on this. It's just my gut instinct from a lifetime of watching TV. And so I could be wrong; it wouldn't be the first time.

But if I'm not, it very well could be that YOU DIDN'T HEAR IT HERE FIRST!

Yeah, it looks like "JDog" beat me to the punch at TVSquad.com around 4:44 PM today....

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

1 comment:

Rob Buckley said...

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Maybe Hiro's changed the past using his time travel capabilities? Or it's a hint by Suresh to his son that there's something special about that book ("Hang on! That's not my Dad! What's going on!"), particularly since the book's dust jacket was featured so prominently in two consecutive episodes?

Curiously, IMDB lists Avari as appearing as Suresh in episode #9 of Heroes, but since IMDB is about as reliable as a weather forecast based on pine cones, I wouldn't take that as the gospel truth.

But I think you're right that Suresh might be back.