Tuesday, October 31, 2006

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

OWOOOOOHA! It's real scary, keeds!

Halloween has really come into its own as a holiday in Toobworld over the last twenty years. And I think the thanks for that go more to 'Roseanne' than to 'It's A Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown'. All of the other shows took their cue from the Conners' Halloween spectaculars when they realized there was comedy gold in them thar costume ideas for a big party scene. (See "Slutty Pumpkin" from the first season of 'How I Met Your Mother' - Oops! Too late! It aired last night!)

My personal favorite Halloween episode from a TV series?

"Take Me To Your Louden" from 'Newhart':

"Michael seeks to create an Orson Welles-style panic when he programs The War of the Worlds on Halloween night. Dick desperately tries to control the panicked guests at the inn's costume party."
[from TV.com]

As for my sitcom life, I have to work at the hotel tonight. I figure I'll wear the same costume I do every year. My TV Land cap, my NBC logo baseball jacket, my Late Night with David Letterman sweatshirt, and my CBS backpack.

I go out as a rerun......

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: