Saturday, July 1, 2006

NEW @ TOOBWORLD CENTRAL

On Friday I popped into the comic book store to pick up my little buddy Sean's order since he's teaching in Taiwan at the present time. While there, I saw they were having a two-for-one sale on the bootleg DVDs, so I picked up four to add to the collection here at Toobworld Central.

I added to my recent, legit, acquisition of 'Topper' episodes on DVD with another four episodes:

"Topper's Old Flame"
"Topper Wins A Trip"
"Topper's Papers"
"Topper Exposes A Fraud"

And then I got three more classic cartoon series discs so that I can introduce my year & a half nephew to the good stuff from my past:

'Heckle & Jeckle, The Talking Magpies', a combined Volumes 1 & 2 which has about 44 cartoons on it.

'Astroboy' Volume 1 which has four episodes:

"The Origin Of Astroboy"
"The Monster Machine"
"The Terrible Time Gun"
"A Million Mammoth Snails"

And finally, 'Fractured Fairy Tales' which has 19 of these cracked classics narrated by Edward Everett Horton.

I think only Boris Karloff with 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas' can match Edward Everett Horton for a narrator so indelibly linked to a cartoon.

So I'm all set for those rainy days at the Lake this summer!

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: