Monday, July 17, 2006

THE DUBYA B

Thanks to the Associated Press, here's a transcript of Dubya's conversation with Prime Minister Tony Blair during the summit.

So why am I "replaying" it here?

Unbeknownst to President Bush, the conversation was being picked up by a microphone from Russian television.

Good enuff for me!

Bush: No. I'm just going to make it up. I'm not going to talk too damn long like the rest of them. Some of these guys talk too long.

Bush: Got something to do tonight? Blair: Go to the airport. Get on a plane and go home. Bush: Where you going, home? This is your neighborhood. Won't take you long to get home.

You get home in eight hours? Me too! Russia's a big country and you're a big country.

Yeah. No, not Coke, Diet Coke.

It takes him eight hours to fly home, eight hours. Russia's big and so's China.

Yeah, Blair, what are you doing? You leaving?

Blair: No, no, not yet. On this trade thing ... (inaudible)

Bush: Yeah, I told that to the man ...

Blair: (inaudible)

Bush: If you want me to.

Blair: I just want to see it moving. Yesterday I didn't see much movement, no no ... maybe there's no ... it may be that it's impossible.

Bush: I'll be glad to say it.

Blair: But I just think we need to be is in possession.

Bush: Who's introducing the (inaudible)?

Blair: Angela.

Bush: Tell her to call on me. Tell her to put me on the spot. Thanks for the sweater, awfully thoughtful of you. I know you picked it out yourself.(Laughing)

Bush: What about Kofi? That seems odd. (Background noise.) Well, I don't like the sequence of it. His attitude, basically, cease fire and everything else. But you know what I'm saying.

Blair: I think, think the (inaudible) you need that done quickly

Bush: Yeah I think Condi's going to go pretty soon.

Blair: But at least it gives process, too.

Bush: Yeah, it's a process, too. ... I told her your offer, too.

Blair: Well it's only ... if she needs the ground prepared as it ... if she goes out obviously if she goes out she's got to succeed us, I can't.

Bush: The irony is what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this s--- and it's over.

Blair: Who, Syria?

Bush: Right.

Blair: 'Cause I think this is all part of the same deal.

Bush: Yeah.

Blair: What does he think? He thinks that if Lebanon turns out fine if you get a solution in (inaudible) that Iraq ends in the right way.

Bush: He's through.

Blair: He's (inaudible). That's what this whole thing is about. It's the same as Iraq.

Bush: I felt like telling Kofi to get on the phone with Assad, make something happen.

Blair: Yeah. (garbled)

Bush: Blame Israel, we're not blaming the Lebanese government.

What's Russian for Allen Funt?

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: