Tuesday, May 24, 2005

"MARS" SURVEY

I asked readers of my blog as well as the Iddiots of the Idiot's Delight Digest as to whether or not I should watch 'Veronica Mars' when it came out on DVD if I already knew the solution to the Big Mystery.

Here were some of the replies:

I don't watch "Veronica Mars," but knowing the basics of how the final Star Wars movie will end based on what we know from the first three movies all those years ago doesn't reduce my interest in seeing it. Watching the journey can be interesting even if you know the destination.
- Tom Ucko
___________________________
Yes -- even knowing the answer it is worth it to watch the season.

As I recall you were a "Buffy" fan and this does a spin on the teen genre similar to how Buffy did - here though it's film noir crossed with high school. How she goes back and forth between teen and private detective is fascinating -- and how the characters aren't silly but are revealing. All are multi-dimensional. I love how she can go undercover by playing a bubble-headed teen to gather info, then turn around and be a smarty.
- Nora Lee
______________________________
I haven't gotten involved in Mars, but I am obsessed with "24" and "Alias." I own season one and two of 24, and just ordered season 3 last night. My wife and I often pull out an episode or disc of 24 and think nothing of watching it many times. Even though I know how the episodes will end, I usually find a few details that I missed the other many times I watched. So, my take on this is: if you like the show, you should get the DVD (or, god forbid, DL it through various ToRrenT sites). I'm in the process of "acquiring" the first season of La Femme Nikita, one of my fav series.
BeeSeeingU, Big T ;>)
bobt
_____________________
I'm a huge Veronica Mars fan, and I think the show will be very entertaining for you even if you know the ultimate answer to the "whodunit." Each episode has its own "case of the week," and the show is so exceptionally well-written and engaging, that it stands up to repeat viewings very well.
--Posted by Anonymous at 5/23/2005 09:04:16 PM

Well, then, it's settled. I'll definitely check it out once it's joined the ranks of DVD box sets.

Thanks for checking in everybody!

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: