Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Toob's World is Toobworld

The TV Universe is my version of collecting tin foil: a minor hobby that has been growing larger than I can control!

I like to look for the type of TV trivia that can help me link various TV shows together so that eventually they're all sharing the same universe. It doesn't matter if it's a cop drama or a sitcom or a cartoon or a mini-series or a Western or a space opera or even a commercial; it's my take that everything we see on TV shares the same alternate universe.

Sure, there are a lot of obvious links - the crossovers and the spinoffs that are actually designed by the producers to help boost ratings. (I know a guy who has an excellent web-site about these official crossovers. You can find his research at:
http://www.poobala.com/crossoverlist.html )

I look for thematic crossovers as well - certain situations, locations, products, and characters which can bind shows together. As I continue with this blog, I'll elaborate on that topic, as well as post what "crossovers" I've found so far this year, entrants into the Crossover Hall of Fame, and what crossovers I'd like to see.

And as you watch TV, let me know whenever you might find a possible crossover that might be of interest!

In the meantime, here's another link for a website that helps to build the TV Universe:
TV ACRES
http://www.tvacres.com/toc_tv_acres.htm

BCnU!

No comments: