Saturday, December 8, 2007

SECOND OF MAYA

Above is a picture of Catherine Tate and Billie Piper from an upcoming episode of 'Doctor Who'. (At least I was led to believe that from the website I stole it from! Sorry, Rob....) From the rumor mill, I've heard that it will be an episode in which four Companions team up as "Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves" after the Doctor is severely injured by that week's boogeyman. (Please, Lord, I'm on my knees, figuratively - no more Daleks or Cybermen.)

The four Companions, all women, would be Rose Tyler (Piper), Donna Noble (Tate), Dr. Martha Jones (Freema Agyeman), and the legendary Sarah Jane Smith (Elisabeth Sladen) - my first and a member this year of the TV Crossover Hall of Fame.

Man..... How I wish they could have thrown Romana into the mix - even if they had to recast/regenerate!

(Do you think RTD might have been inspired for this idea by "Shrek The Third"?)

At any rate, I looked at that above picture and I saw a chance for a session on the casting couch:

Should the producers of 'The 4400' ever want to do an episode that is set in the future (provided the AMPTP can do the right thing and come to terms with the WGA), then I think they should come up with the coin to bring Billie Piper over from the UK to play Maya Rutledge Skouris all grown up.

I think the resemblance is there. And besides, think of the ratings boost, thanks to the fan wanker adulation. It would be the closest they'd ever get to a crossover of 'The 4400' with 'Doctor Who'. (If Toobworld was perfect, the Doctor should have been investigating the temporal signature of whomever was behind those abductions from the Future.)

I throw this idea out freely to the producers of 'The 4400'. Besides, it's not like anybody actually takes me seriously around here anyway, and it's a good thing too! I'd hate to have to start acting responsibly....

BCnU!
Toby OB

1 comment:

Rob Buckley said...

You're forgiven!