Saturday, June 13, 2009

WHICH BEATLE?

This has been rattling about in the Toobworld Central files for a while now. Since I'm cleaning out my hard drive as much as possible, I figured I should finally get around to it.

This is an exchange of dialogue from 'Sanctuary'.....

Will: Okay, favorite album.

Ashley: Nevermind
Will: What, is it that personal?
Ashley (laughing): No … "Nevermind", Nirvana.
Will: Oh …
Ashley: You?
Will: "Joshua Tree", obviously.
Helen: "Sgt. Pepper" and "Rhapsody In Blue".
Will: That's two.
Helen: Over the course of two lifetimes. Gershwin played it for me while he was writing it.
Will: And no doubt you've watched the sun come up with the Beatles.
Helen: Just one of them.

Well, that's intriguing. Which Beatle? For some reason, I'm thinking it was George. I think of them all, Dr. Magnus might have been more in tune with his explorations into his spiritual growth.

Of course in the long run, it doesn't matter. 'Sanctuary' was banished to an alternate TV dimension because of its radical takes on the characters of Jack The Ripper, Dr. James Watson, and Dr.Tesla. I'm sure there must be something odd about their version of the Beatles as well, evne more so than by Toobworld standards.

And I can't figure out why "Joshua Tree" would be an obvious choice for Will. Anybody familiar with the album and the show who could enlighten me?

BCnU!

No comments: