Tuesday, June 9, 2009

TVXOHOF, 06/2009-B: RFK

For the second week of the month, which is dedicated to historical portrayals, Robert F. Kennedy has received the "honor". Back when I was 13, I was a political naif. Well, that's putting it politely. I was brain-dead when it came to the politics of the real word. But even so, RFK was able to cut through the miasma that insulated me from what was going on and appealed to my more realistic dreams.

And then forty-one years ago this past weekend, he was gunned down in Los Angeles, dying on my birthday. And once again, I retreated back into my imaginary worlds.

Here is a list of the actors who have portrayed Bobby Kennedy in the many dimensions of Toobworld:

Sam Chew Jr.

. . . Tail Gunner Joe (1977)

Steven Culp
. . . Roots of the Cuban Missile Crisis (2001)
(This was a video presentation, but he also played RFK in the theatrical movie "Thirteen Days".)


Cliff De Young
. . . "King" (1978) {(#1.1-1.3)}

Timothy C. Furlong
. . . "Unsolved History" (2002) {Robert F. Kennedy Assassination (#2.13)}

David Marshall Grant
. . . Citizen Cohn (1992)

Brian Hill
. . . Keep the Faith, Baby (2002)

James F. Kelly
. . . J. Edgar Hoover (1987)

Robert Knepper
. . . Jackie, Ethel, Joan: The Women of Camelot (2001)

Peter Krantz
. . . Sugartime (1995)

Jim McMullan
. . . Francis Gary Powers: The True Story of the U-2 Spy Incident (1976)


Linus Roache
. . . RFK (2002)

John Shea
. . . "Kennedy" (1983)

Martin Sheen
. . . The Missiles of October (1974)

Cotter Smith
. . . Blood Feud (1983)

BCnU!
(Why not?)

No comments: