Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A CROSSOVER I WOULD *NOT* LIKE TO SEE



At the end of the year we count our blessings, so there's one thing I'm thankful for that came out of the Christmas special* - The Grand Moff put the kibosh on any future crossover between 'Doctor Who' and 'Sherlock'.  

Doctor Simeon kept talking about Sherlock Holmes as a literary invention of Arthur Conan Doyle, which is easy enough to debunk and which I did in an earlier post today.  But even so, Holmes was considered a character of the times - that is, 1892 (the year of such stories in the Strand as ) - and not someone of the 21st Century!

Of course, for Toobworld, that version of the Holmesian canon takes place in Limbo, the after-life dimension of such shows as the original 'Life On Mars', its sequel 'Ashes To Ashes', the last season of 'Lost' and Richard Widmark's TV adaptation of the movie 'Madigan'.

So both aspects are covered, but not enough to allow a crossover, thank goodness.  I'm all for Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman showing up on 'Doctor Who' - but as other characters, just as Rupert Graves (Lestrade) did.  

I've seen online support for the Meddling Monk as the role for Cumberbatch and I think it's a fantastic idea!  And for Freeman?  May I suggest that lonely fellow at Torchwood station #2 in Glasgow, that "strange little man named Archie"?

Just sayin', is all......

BCnU!

*Actually there was a whole lot of goodness in this special for which I'm thankful.  I trust in the Grand Moff.

No comments: