As is customary in a lot of entertainment sites (at least, I hope you find Inner Toob entertaining!), the end of the year leads us to look back at those whom we lost. I try to keep up to date with all of the departed who were involved in the expansion of the Toobworld Dynamic throughout the world, but I always somebody who deserved a tip of the hat from ye olde Caretaker. I'm sure this year will be no different.
But the blame can't be laid on those whose sites I depend on for this information. (Believe me, I've tried.) Besides major obituary sources like the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and the Guardian, I've come to depend on "A Shroud Of Thoughts", "Bill Crider's Pop Culture Magazine", "Thrilling Days Of Yesteryear", and especially "Boot Hill". Thanks to everyone concerned at those blogs and web sites.
Sadly there were far too many we lost in many fields, so I've divided up the list for several posts.......
- John Rich ('The Dick Van Dyke Show', 'All In The Family')
- Paul Bogart ('All In The Family', 'The Defenders')
- Charles Washburn ('Star Trek' -TOS & TNG)
- Mel Stuart
- Winrich Kolbe ('Star Trek: The Next Generation')
- Richard Hopkins ('Dancing With The Stars')
- Bob Henry ('The Nat King Cole Show', 'The Flip Wilson Show', 'The Andy Williams Show')
- Bob Stewart ('To Tell The Truth', 'The Price Is Right', 'The $10,000 Pyramid')
- Lee Rich (of Lorimar - 'The Waltons', 'Dallas', 'Eight Is Enough')
- Sam Manners ('The Adventures Of Rin Tin Tin', 'Route 66', 'The Wild Wild West')
- Lillian Gallo ("Hustling", "Stranger Who Looked Like Me", "Fun And Games", "Haunts Of The Very Rich")
- Norman Felton ('The Man From UNCLE', 'Dr. Kildare', 'The Girl From UNCLE')
- Lynn Gambles ("Today" - Thames TV, "Tomorrow's World" - BBC, 20/20 Vision - Channel 4)
- Joan Stein ("The Scholar", "The Downer Channel")
- Tony Scott ("The Good Wife", "Numb3rs", "Pillars of the Earth", "The Andromeda Strain", "The Company", "The Hunger: The Series", "World Without End". Won Emmy for producing "The Gathering Storm")
- Michael Hurll ('The Late Late Breakfast Show', 'Blind Date', 'Cilla')
- Frank Peppiatt ('Hee Haw')
- Paul Rauch ('One Life To Live', 'Another World', 'Santa Barbera')
- Gerry Anderson ('Thunderbirds', 'Fireball XL-5', 'Joe 90', 'Diver Dan')
Good night and may God bless......