Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A ZONK IN THE "WEEDS"

I don't watch 'Weeds'. I have nothing against the show, but it's on Showtime and I don't subscribe to that.

So I would have been happy in my ignorance of its Zonks, if it weren't for the good folks at CliqueClack TV and their collection of TV quotes this week.
You married Uncle Phil from 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air';
that’s an obvious cry for help
.”
Doug Wilson
'Weeds'

I think this should be an easy Zonk to disable, thanks to the biggest TV craze of the last decade.

'The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air' was a sitcom which launched Will Smith to fame. It told the story of a kid from the Philly mean streets whose Mom sent him out to that tony neighborhood in the LA suburbs to stay with relatives.
That's what it was for the real world - a sitcom. But I'm thinking that within the "reality" of Toobworld, it has all the ingredients to not only be a reality TV show, but one that was popular enough so that Doug knew his ex-wife Dana would understand the reference.

BCnU!

No comments: