Wednesday, July 16, 2008

GINGER SNIP

I was reading Les Crane's obituary in the New York Times while at work this morning. Les Crane was a TV talk show host who was one of the first to challenge Carson for the late night audience... and one of the first to fall before the Johnny Juggernaut.

And a detail in his personal life caught my eye since I live with one foot in the real world and one in Toobworld.

Later, when I was reading the Idiot's Delight Digest, I was pleased to see that I was not alone in the same observations.....


"Mr. Crane married five times. His fourth wife was the actress Tina Louise whom he met and married while she was at the height of her popularity as the glamorous sexpot on the 1960s sitcom "Gilligan's Island." They divorced in 1971 after a five-year marriage. Besides his daughter, a television writer who lives in Los Angeles, he is survived by his wife of 20 years, Ginger Crane."
And as Brother Iddiot RGordon remarked:

"How many Gingers can one man take?"

More than his fair share, I think!

BCnU!
Toby OB

No comments: