Saturday, October 28, 2006

FOR ANY CHICAGOANS VISITING TOOBWORLD

I would hope that it comes as no surprise to regular visitors to this bastion of Toobworld that I have no great love for network executives, the suits. Quite often I have invoked the traditional curse: "May they be nibbled to death by ducks!" (Thank you, Morley Safer.)

But every so often some grey, faceless drone among those ranks surprises me and shows me that they really do get it when it comes to Television; that it's not just a business.

Chicago Tribune TV columnist Maureen Ryan had this news item the other day:

To honor the passing of actress Jane Wyatt, who played Margaret Anderson on “Father Knows Best” as well as many other memorable roles, WWME-Ch. 23 is airing a two-hour marathon of Margaret-centric “Father Knows Best” episodes starting at 11 a.m. Sunday.

I wish some station here in the NYC area would do something like that. And I would hope that TV Land also paid some sort of tribute to her as well......

There's a WWME suit out there who has the thanks of a grateful Toober.....

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: