Wednesday, January 1, 2020

SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE - SUPER TEAM FAMILY (THE LOST ISSUES)




A NEW COVER POSTED EVERY DAY!

For several years now, “Super Team Family: The Lost Issues” has been bringing daily covers for crossover comics that never were – but should be!  We’ve featured a few of them in the past, ones that were ideally suited for TV adaptations.

And now Ross Pearsall has come up with a great cover for a proposed crossover between Batman and the Fourth Incarnation of the Doctor:


From Ross Pearsall:
After school and before dinner was the time that I would catch Batman and Doctor Who reruns when I was growing up.  I can only imagine how excited I would have been to see that the two shows were crossing over for an episode!  I'm actually pretty surprised with myself that I am only now getting around to having these two meet on the blog, not sure what took me so long.

If you were looking at this from the perspective of TV at the time both shows were on the air, reader Neil Robertson pointed out the restrictions of reality:

Neil Robertson
April 4, 2019

Properly, Batman (Adam West) should have teamed up with second Doctor Patrick Troughton in the late '60s. I know the Doctor time travels, so any iteration of [the] Doctor, or any era of Bats, is possible, but that would have been the most likely one during that period. But Tom Baker is the favorite Doctor of most older comics fans, so sure, why not?


Troughton's Doctor was my favorite incarnation.  So yeah, I would have loved to have read that issue.  And among the Bat-Baddies who could have been involved along with the Daleks, maybe the Bookworm, Egghead, and the Penguin.

The Daleks needed no reason to invade the Earth, and they keep trying time and again.  But from that same time period, which one of Batman’s foes might have either lured them back here, or tried to muscle in on their action for their own gain?  You should be thinking in terms of the villains who appeared on the 1966 series, but at least keep it within the time frame.  And if you do go outside the box, who would you cast from that time period to play the villain you chose?  (A popular What-If? has been Clint Eastwood as Two-Face.)


I hope to hear from you with your ideas…..

Holy Allon-sy! 

   

No comments: