Wednesday, January 1, 2020

FANFICCER'S FRIEND - THE ELEVENTH DOCTOR & MARTHA


Whenever I offer up a Fanficcer’s Friend post – no matter what the series – I usually like to have a photograph as its inspiration.  (Besides, I have to keep your eyes happy.)


But I never use pictures from other TV shows for that inspiration.  That’s because those shows should be sharing the same TV dimension so the proposed picture would be of something which had already happened in the main Toobworld.

Here’s my favorite example – I would love to suggest a fan fiction story in which publishing magnate Glenn Howard (‘The Name Of The Game’) teamed up with New York attorney Daniel J. O’Brien (‘The Trials Of O’Brien’) for some reason.

But I would never use this picture:



That picture is of LAPD Lieutenant Frank Columbo with psychiatrist Dr. Ray Flemming as seen in the first pilot movie for ‘Columbo’.  I couldn’t even use it as a depiction of Columbo with his boss, Chief of Homicide Amos Burke.

But I will use pictures which are screen grabs from movies, advertising shots, publicity pictures, and even candid snaps by the paparazzi of celebrities whose characters might not normally be seen together in Toobworld.

So here’s an example – the Eleventh Incarnation of the Doctor with his former Companion Dr. Martha Jones.  It probably was taken when they had a still unseen reunion, perhaps at some point after she was married to Mickey Smith.  


That little scene with Mickey and Martha in the finale of “The End Of Time” might as well have been a mini-pilot for their own spin-off series – yet another iteration of “Smith and Jones”.


As for the storyline of this fanfic?  I’m hoping that’s up to you.  Run with it and if you do write it up, PLEASE send me a link so that I can read it.  And if possible, I’d love to give it a showcase in next year’s “Who’s On First?” blogathon.

Scribble on, my fanfic friends!




No comments: