Tuesday, May 4, 2010

THE HAT SQUAD: HELEN WAGNER

Back when I wrote about the cancellation of 'As The World Turns' (coming this September), I was actually looking forward to Helen Wagner cementing her hold on TV history by playing the role of Nancy Hughes from the very first episode to its last - a run of about 57 years.

Apparently God had other plans for her, as she passed away at the age of 91. Although I didn't watch the show, I do feel the loss and my sympathies go out to her family, friends, and fans.....

While searching "Inner Toob" for the link to my earlier story about 'As The World Turns', I found
my tribute to her from back in 2006, of which I had no recollection (not surprising, considering my "Swiss cheese memory".) I'm glad I didn't have to wait until she passed away before giving her the proper Toobworld recognition......

Good night and may God bless.

BCnU.....

No comments: