Thursday, November 29, 2007

FAMOUS AMOS NOT THE SAME AS....

While looking up examples of the name "Taylor" today at IMDb.com, I ran across this combo (with episode descriptions from TV.com):

John Amos (I) (Reverend Taylor) . . . "A-Team, The" (1983)

{Pure-Dee Poison (#2.17)} TV Series

"The A-Team helps a southern minister stop the manufacture of lethal moonshine in his parish."
John Amos (I) (Duke Taylor) . . . "Love Boat, The" (1977)
{Zinging Valentine/The Very Temporary Secretary/The Final Score (#6.20)} TV Series

"On this Valentine's Day cruise, a singing valentine "pussycat" falls for a stuck-up guy who has just been dumped by his girlfriend; the owner of a secretarial agency plays secretary to a writer taking a working vacation, even though he is far better at romancing her than he is at taking dictation and typing up her notes; a womanizing pro football player falls for a snooty, straight-laced college English professor."

'The A-Team' episode took place in 1984, and 'The Love Boat' episode was from a year earlier.

I'm just taking a guess here, but I'm assuming Duke Taylor was the football player. I don't see him taking the high road into a ministry in that short a time, even if his on-ship romance took a nose-dive. So I'm going to guess that Duke and the Reverend were twins, neither one of them evil......

BCnU!
Toby OB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually remember this episode of A-Team, partly because I've always been a fan of John Amos, and partly because it felt like a backdoor pilot. Amos' character had been a chaplain serving in Vietnam with the A-Team, so he definitely couldn't be the football player. I suppose your twin theory might work...

Hugh