Monday, October 8, 2007

RETURN OF "BURKE'S LAW"

I can't tell you how great it was to come back from vacation to find that the American Life Network is now showing 'Burke's Law', the original version, on Sundays at 6 pm EST.

When I was a teenager, the CBS affiliate in Hartford was showing this every afternoon, and for this star-obsessed kid, 'Burke's Law' was a treat: Up-and-coming actors (like John Cassavetes and John Saxon), and stars on the wane (like Mary Astor, Betty Hutton). And after awhile I came up with my own method of figuring out who the killer was - for the most part, any actor who appeared in three scenes was usually the killer. (But this wasn't always the case. As Captain Burke would say, "When it comes to murder, the only sure thing is that there are no sure things. Burke's Law.")

This past Sunday's episode was "Who Killed Cable Roberts?" (All of the episodes were "Who Killed __?") And looking at the listings at epguides.com, it looks like the show is in its third week of syndication. So I'm good for a good two seasons worth of episodes hopefully in the weeks to come.

I'm not sure if this syndication package will include the third season when the show became 'Amos Burke, Secret Agent'. I'm not too keen on seeing that, but I would like to see the episode which features Michael Dunn as Mr. Sin. (It's my contention that Mr. Sin is Dr. Loveless with a new alias. The fact that he'd still be alive 100 years after 'The Wild, Wild West' is a subject I've covered often in the past. Email me if you want to know how that could be.)

BCnU!
Toby OB

No comments: