Saturday, January 29, 2011

THE NTAs = NATURAL TEMPORAL ANOMALIES?

For our Video Weekend offering of 'Doctor Who', we've got a timely clip - the NTA Awards were handed out this week in Great Britain. And without giving anything more away, here's how the show opened:



It reminded me of some of the very best of the Emmy Award openings over the years......

And for Toobworld's purposes, I'm leaning toward accepting it as canon. Everybody who appeared in it were presented as members of the League of Themselves or remained in character as they appear in Toobworld. There was no real breaking of the fourth wall, no shattering the illusion.

As such, there would be connections to 'Coronation Street', 'EastEnders', 'The X-Factor' (? Or was that their 'Idol' show? NO! MediumRob says it's 'Britain's Got Talent' with future prime minister Amanda Holden) plus people like Bruce Forsyth, Ant & Dec, and the host for the awards presentation, Dermot O'Leary.

BCnU!

2 comments:

Rob Buckley said...

That was Britain's Got Talent, not X-Factor. You can tell because it's Amanda Holden in the lead and if you look closely, you can see The Hoff to her left. I didn't notice if it was Michael McIntyre on her right, though. I'd have to rewatch and the thought of actively seeking out Michael McIntyre isn't one I really want to countenance.

Toby O'B said...

Thanks, Rob! Because the Doctor mentioned the Holden years, I figured that to be her last name, but I was too lazy to work with just that to find out who she was.

I'll change it now....