Wednesday, November 3, 2010

POST-ELECTION TELEFLUVIA

Serendipiteevee: A D-con blipvert aired just as I discovered I really did have a need for the product.....
~
The biggest oversight in the history of 'Saturday Night Live' was that Dick Van Dyke never hosted the show......
~
I've seen the first two episodes of 'Sherlock' and it's brilliant! Sadly, I don't see any way it can be incorporated into Earth Prime-Time. However, I may have a really off-the-wall splainin as to where it fits into the TV Multiverse, which would at least give it some company with four other TV series - 'Lost', 'Life On Mars' (the UK version), 'Ashes To Ashes', and 'Madigan'.
~
"Celebrity Probation" is a new TV show within Toobworld, courtesy of some cell phone commercial. I don't use cell phones, so the blipvert was a big fail for me. I like the idea of 'Celebrity Probation', though.....
~
Woke up with the phrase "Opie Dei" in my head. I googled it and found plenty of references so I'm not original with that. But that's okay, I can still use it for a one-liner near the end of my Toobworld novel. (I really ought to actively pursue getting it published before I over-write it to death.....)
~
I watched "Tommy" on Ovation. Must be thirty years at least since I've seen it last. At one time I thought it was the greatest visual explosion ever. Now? A sad mess of beans and soap and chocolate. But Ann-Margeret still looks good writhing about in that mess.

I wonder if the creators of 'Brothers & Sisters' were thinking of the rock opera when they named "Nora Walker" & "Tommy Walker"?
~
BCnU!

No comments: