Monday, November 1, 2010

NEW TO VIEW @ TOOB HQ

Here are the latest acquisitions for the Toobworld Central Video Library:

1) 'THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW'
I took advantage of the recent Gold Box Deal of the Day from Amazon and got all eight seasons, saving about 150 dollars on the deal.

2) 'THE ELLERY QUEEN MYSTERIES'
I've been hoping for a long time that this would come out on DVD. It's Levinson & Link's second best TV mystery series (after 'Columbo', of course!) and a charming way to remember the late Jim Hutton.

3) "EVENING PRIMROSE"
The musical which Stephen Sondheim made for TV, starring Anthony Perkins. They would later collaborate on one of my favorite movies, "The Last Of Sheila".

4) "WHEN THE WEST WAS FUN"
A TV special that aired at just the right time - while so many stars of the old TV Westerns were still around. Many of them appeared in this remembrance wearing their old costumes. It's going to be great for screen captures next August. I think I have my theme for when I go on vacation!

And I picked up two movies as well:

"H.G. WELLS' FIRST MEN IN THE MOON"
A charming movie, a great performance by Lionel Jeffries as Cavor, and it just appeals to the Wold Newton lover in me.

"THE DAY OF THE DOLPHIN"
I haven't seen it all the way through since I first saw it in the theatre when it came out. (I was one of maybe two in the audience that day.) But it's something I'd like to share with my little nephew. The political stuff will probably go over his head, but I'm sure he'll like the talking dolphins......

On order is another Amazon Gold Box Deal of the Day: the complete series of 'Blackadder'. I promised myself to step away from the ordering button after this last set of purchases, but I couldn't resist this one. And I still have to order the new series of 'Sherlock'. (Should 'The Sarah Jane Adventures' come down in price, I'll get those too. But they're insanely expensive for such short seasons.)

BCnU!

No comments: