Sunday, March 1, 2009

WHO DAT?: MAKING THE PITCH

Can somebody out there identify this actor for me?

I was looking for info on Alpine cigarettes, a real-world brand which I had never heard of before, to use in a piece on product placement. And during that search, I found this gentleman in an old commercial. He was extolling the coupons you get with Alpine cigarettes.

I want to say it's Richard Carlson, but that doesn't feel right to me.

Am I right? If not, who is he?
Thanks for the help!


BCnU!
Toby O'B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having recently rescreened some old I LED THREE LIVES tapes I had lying around, I assure you that that's definitely Richard Carlson hawking the smokes. I'll make the semi-educated guess that you might have seen Mr. Carlson's contemporary look-and-soundalike, Hugh Marlowe, in something or other, and that led to your uncertainty. But Richard Carlson it is... I'm pretty sure... I think...

Toby O'B said...

Thanks, Mike! Ivan of "Thrilling Days Of Yesteryear" supports the I.D. as well.

My reason for being unsure is that I can only think of two TV episodes in which I've seen Carlson - a 'Burke's Law' and the original version of "Prescription Murder" - "Enough Rope" - with Bert Freed as Lt. Columbo.

Thanks again!