Friday, June 6, 2008

A BIRTHDAY SALUTE TO ME [1]

Well, somebody's gotta do it......

So yes, it's my birthday today. Two years ago - on 06/06/06, I finally came into my own as the Prince of Very Dim Lighting. I apparently share this birth date with Sandra Bernhard. (Big whoop.)

As a way to mark the "occasion", here's a news clipping about one of my first forays into Toobworld......
They told us not to look up at the microphone when it came time to say our names, but to look straight into the camera. So when it came to be my turn there in the Ranger Station's version of a "Peanut Gallery", I was so nervous trying to remember not to look up at the microphone that I blurted out part of my cousins' name of Hansen instead of my own. So technically, in Toobworld my name is "Toby Hans O'Brien".

And my grandfather never let me forget it!

This appearance didn't establish my televersion however (who, by the way, was inducted into the TV Crossover Hall of Fame back on my 50th b'day). That happened when my Joyville citizenship was established on 'The Hap Richards Show', another kids' show from that same local CBS affiliate back in the early sixties.

BCnU!
Toby OB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Toby.
Colette and Dave
miceandchips.com/bluemood

Rob Buckley said...

Happy birthday! By way of a present, I have a doozy of a crossover for you next week... ;-)