Friday, February 24, 2012

TERZI'S TV TA-TA


From my hometown newspaper, some big TV news on the local level.....

News anchorman Al Terzi and WFSB-TV will part ways on Friday after failing to agree on a new contract.

Terzi, 69, said Monday that he's pursuing other positions and hopes to continue in television news.


"I want to keep working - there's no question about that," he said. "I love what I do and I want to keep doing it as long as I can."


Terzi has spent 28 years with Channel 3 and 14 years with WTNH-TV, Channel 8. He has been in Connecticut television news for 44 years, and says he's healthy and still passionate about politics, consumer protection and legal issues.


"I'm not interested in retiring," Terzi said, "definitely not retirement."

- Jesse Buchanan
The Meriden Record-Journal

And here's a video from two years ago, looking back at his career on its fiftieth anniversary.....


His final broadcast should be starting in a few minutes....


WFSB-CnU!

No comments: