Sunday, May 23, 2010

HIP HIP JORGE!

Here's what Jorge Garcia wrote for Variety about the end of 'Lost'. Fear not - no spoilers.

At 5 a.m. on April 24, I became unemployed.

I just wrapped my six-season run on “Lost.” The job that went above and beyond anything I could have imagined was over.


My last day on “Lost” was also my longest: 20 hours. Without going into details, I can say the shoot was dangerous, physical and wet. But what could be more appropriate? How else could we end this epic show without an epic marathon night of shooting? At the end of it all we all remarked how we expected the end to be more emotional for us, but we were too tired to cry.

I’ll admit I got a little teary with Matthew Fox. I thanked him for everything he taught me, including taking me on his trip to Japan to see Green Day that first summer of shooting. At the time, flying at the last minute to a foreign country was way out of my comfort zone, but then again nothing on “Lost” was ever in my comfort zone.

I stuck around after even after I wrapped to see the martini shot of the entire show. I could feel director Jack Bender’s resistance to call “print” on that last take. In fact I’m pretty sure he asked for one more take to delay the inevitable.

I still don’t think the end of it all has hit me yet. Maybe I’ll feel it when the finale finally airs Sunday. Or maybe it will hit me when I board the plane at Honolulu Airport for the last time as a Hawaiian resident.

I have no clue what my next adventure is going to be, I just know this job is going to be a hard one to follow.

source: Variety.

[Thanks to TV Series Finale for the head's up.]

No comments: