Sunday, July 19, 2009

SKED ALERT! "TORCHWOOD: CHILDREN OF EARTH"

I've kept mum about the third season/series of 'Torchwood', even though I saw it last week thanks to my bit torrent allies. Like fellow TV blogger Joe over at "I Am A TV Junkie" (link to the left, citizens!), I'm maintaining a spoiler-free zone here at Toobworld Central.

But I do need to say enough about it so that those of you reading this in America will know that you should tune in, starting tomorrow night on BBC-America.

This is powerful, gripping, devastatingly emotional stuff, folks!

Even if you've never seen the previous two seasons of 'Torchwood', jump in and begin with this mini-series. All you need to know is that 1] Torchwood is a team dedicated to protecting their corner of the world from alien threats; 2] the team is currently composed of Captain Jack Harkness, Gwen Cooper, and Ianto Jones; and 3] Captain Jack never stays dead... and he's been alive a very long time.....

That really should do it. The rest is brand-spanking new and you should find it to be one of the most exciting and powerful adventures on TV this year.

This time out, 'Torchwood' is being presented as a mini-series played out over the course of the week - beginning Monday night and finishing up on Friday, 9 - 10:15 pm ET. (The official title of the mini-series is 'Torchwood: Children of Earth'.) There's an introductory special before Monday's installment, "Torchwood: Inside The Hub", to bring you up to speed on anything else you may need to know beforehand.

Well, I don't know what else to say about this without over-selling it, and I may be guilty of that already. The stars are John Barrowman, Eve Myles, and Gareth David-Lloyd; guest stars include Peter Capaldi and Lucy Cohu.

I hope you'll take me up on the suggestion that you watch it. At the very least it should provide you with a five+ hour alternative to summer reruns and reality shows. (Besides, most of you have DVRs now, and each episode airs several times over. No reason you shouldn't give it a try!)

As the week goes on, I'll be posting the typical Toobworld stories about theoretical links to other shows, as well as my splainins for certain events that will transpire....

They are coming!

BCnU!

And don't worry, BBC-America, I plan to watch it all again via your network.....

No comments: