Friday, March 20, 2009

THEY SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY

Thank goodness for blogmates like Ivan at "Thrilling Days Of Yesteryear" (link to the left, dear reader)! Without him to point it out for me, I never would have known that today marks the birthday of Carl Reiner, the man responsible for bringing 'The Dick Van Dyke Show' to Toobworld and into my personal top five of shows. Mr. Reiner is 87 today, and I'd like to think that the same could be said for Alan Brady, his most enduring TV character (from 'The DVD Show') and a member of the TV Crossover Hall of Fame.

Ivan also passed on word that today would have been Ozzie Nelson's 103rd birthday. (Which he learned from another blogmate, Bill Crider - also linked to the left.) The former bandleader spent fourteen years as his own tele-version in Toobworld (with years doing the same in the radio universe), one of the longest runs in the history of Earth Prime-Time. And that was just from the original series, 'Ozzie and Harriet'; he returned years later with 'Ozzie's Girls' in syndication.

Luckily for my waistline I'm too lazy to run out to the store; otherwise, I might have picked up some Rocky Road ice cream to salute his memory.....

BCnU!
Toby O'B

No comments: