Saturday, February 23, 2008

TOBY-VISIONS

My "serendipiteevee" kicked in yesterday when I flipped over to the Fox Movie Channel, just in time for a hypnotized Sheree North to gaze into the camera and proclaim:

"I want Toby."

Woohoo! Sign me up!

The moment came from "How To Be Very Very Popular", which came out the year I was born (another cosmic coincidence).

Later in that same film, Alice Pearce (who would later gain her true fame as the first Gladys Kravitz on 'Bewitched') said:

"You know what a dear, sweet, accommodating boy Toby is."

Well, I know it, that's for certain!

BCnU!
Toby OB

PS:
Oh, by the way - the last bit of serendipiteevee attached to the experience - Toby was played by Orson Bean, a favorite since I was a kid! (And he was totally ripped off by whoever approved that poster!)

No comments: