Friday, May 19, 2006

AN "IDOL" THOUGHT

Okay, I don't watch 'American Idol', nor any of the many other "talent" shows or so-called "reality" shows. I find them to be a waste of my time when it comes to the whole idea of Toobworld. (But I do take them into account should any of the contestants go on to appear as themselves in fictional settings on dramas or sitcoms. And when those dramas and sitcoms use those shows as the background for their episodes (like 'Big Brother' on 'Yes, Dear', or 'American Gladiator' on 'Family Matters').

But even though I haven't been watching 'AI', I still know who was in the running. How could I avoid that? You can't open a paper or peruse any of the major TV-oriented websites without seeing something about "McFeever" or Chris Daughtry being robbed, only to join up with one of his favorite bands.

So I know the name of Elliott Yamin, but really never saw what he looked like. Until this morning, when I logged into AOL and saw his face grinning out at me from one of their news stories.

Is it just me.... or does Elliott look like Mr. Tumnus from "The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe"?

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: