Sunday, November 16, 2014

ECCE PROMO! THE MEN AT TEN!



 
So there's that - a new addition to one of the tiniest of TV dimensions, the Promoverse.  Previous entries into that Toobworld have been the promo blipverts combining 'Psych' & 'Monk', 'Psych' & 'Monk' & 'The Dead Zone', 'Monk' & 'The 4400', 'Psych' & 'Defiance', 'Psych' & 'Royal Pains', 'Psych' & 'White Collar', and 'Burn Notice' & 'Psych'.
 
I'm thinking I will even throw in those TV commercials from the Fifties and early Sixties in which established TV characters - in character - extolled the virtues of various breakfast cereals, cigarettes, and coffees.  It would certainly eliminate the Zonks from Earth Prime-Time caused by those characters, like Rob Petrie, Sheriff Andy Taylor, and Superman talking directly to the camera about those products in much the same way as the Promoverse removes their telecognizance of their timeslots as seen above......
 
Let me know what you think of that idea......
 
BCnU!

2 comments:

Hugh said...

Sounds good to me (of course, you know I tend to be more willing to bend rules to include such things as commercials and promos).

As for this promo, while I know ABC's other shows at 10 have female protagonists, they missed the chance to bring in some other characters here...

Toby O'B said...

I guess they were aiming for the leading men only?