Saturday, May 26, 2012

THE "LOST" ANNIVERSARY


Earlier this week marked the second anniversary since 'Lost' went off the air. For me personally, the show ranks as my sixth favorite of all Time. (Oh, okay - 'The Prisoner', 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show', 'The Dick Van Dyke Show', 'Columbo', 'Doctor Who')

TV columnist Alan Sepinwall (whose HitFix blog is listed to the left as "What's Alan Watching?") posted six key moments in the series that he considered to be the best, as far as characters, events, emotions on the part of the viewer, etc. Out of those six, I'd say these were the top two for me:



After seeing that first season finale for the first time, I sat there and rewound the videotape again and again just to watch the whole sequence again and again. It wasn't just knowing that this would be the last time I'd be seeing these characters until the Fall, but it's the emotional punch of saying goodbye underscored by that swelling orchestral music by Michael Giacchino.

It still packs a wallop for me, as does the flow from the original version of "The Road To Shamballa" to Giacchino's instrumental version.

And in both, it's Sawyer's search of the area for any sign of Kate....

BCnU!

No comments: