Tuesday, June 22, 2010

BODICE TWIPPING!

The one night I watched 'Jeopardy!' while on vacation, host Alex Trebek had this exchange with one of the contestants during the introductions:

Alex: Laura White is from Nebraska. Along with two of our producers on the program. It's always fun to dress up and go to special events. And you get to do that in a period gown that I want to hear about.


Laura: Yes. I'm a Jane Austen scholar so I go often to the Jane Austen Annual General Meeting. And we all dress up in low bodices and with our reticules and our--it's all very lovely.

Alex: And you have a regency gown that you wear?

Laura: I got it from [an] auction from the BBC production of "War and Peace".

Alex: Okay. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?

Laura: Mm-hmm.

Alex: All right.

I'll bet it's fun! Actually, posting that just gave me an excuse to share this picture from the BBC production of "War And Peace":
Homina thrice!

No comments: